Thursday, September 9, 2010

We have our sons

Yesterday was a roller coaster day for us.  We received a phone call from Caitlyn and she wanted to know if we would consider adopting two unrelated children.  We had discussed this but really hadn't come to a final conclusion.  So we sent it to our amzing and wise Yahoo Group of friends and to our facebook friends.  This morning I woke up at 3 (not by choice) and could not go back to sleep.  Around 10 I started to think about completing the application our International Agency requires to non-related adoptions.  I just couldn't get it started and the Lord had not given me a clear direction as of then.  At 11:56 a.m. exactly my phone rang and it was Caitlyn.  America World has two brothers who have been in the transitional home since June.  They are 3 & 6.  Since I am not sure what I can share and can't share, I will tell you we evaluated their medical records, social and health history and said "Yes" these are our sons.  So today, 13 days following our dossier to Ethiopia, we are now a complete family.  Barring any complications we could have our sons home by Christmas.  What an amazing Christmas blessing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment